What you'll find here

This blog shares my life with you. Not the nappy changes or holidays or silly pictures of my cat part, but the diet and weightloss journey part. You will no longer find any specific diet on here, but rather the JANIE diet (as a very wise blogger suggested)
It's about what works for me and I really do hope you find lots of inspiration here and lots of super yummy food. If you still want the Dukan versions of stuff, please comment at the end of a given post and I'll be MORE than happy to give you my Dukan take on any of my recipes.

Saturday 14 January 2012

my first recipes - to die for!

Hi guys

So today is day 6 of the attack phase, dropping weight like a Yamaha grand piano :)
I can not tell you how good I am feeling about myself right now!

But more importantly, I have "invented" or "Dukanised" two awesome recipes that I would like to share, I think you'll like them a lot!  Both are suitable for pure protein days and protein and vegetable days.

Here goes:

Creamy Pepper sauce for Steak:

  • resting juices from your freshly prepared and rested LEAN steak
  • 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese
  • half a sachet of stock (what ever flavour you have at hand) or a cube dissolved in a little water
  • lots and lots of freshly ground black pepper


Mix everything together and enjoy with your steak - do not heat in a pan - IT CURDLES





Killer Peri-Peri Chicken Livers


  • 500g chicken livers, "stringy bits" and visible fat removed
  • 1 small onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon of peri-peri or cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 to whole tub of fat free cottage cheese
  • 1/4 cup of fat free milk
  •  

Brown livers in a hot pan on some non-stick spray, add diced onion, peri-peri and milk, cover with a lid and simmer till cooked, remove lid and reduce liquid.  Add salt and pepper to taste at this point.

Take the pan off the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes, then stir in the cottage cheese, as much or as little as you like.  Again, if you reheat, or add when it's too hot, it's gonna CURDLE!


I really hope someone reads this and enjoys these recipes!  Cooking is such a big part of my life and for the first time in my life I have found a diet that allows me to make delicious food!


All you need is a little imagination!

Take care and God bless
Janie B

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Creamy Pepper Sauce recipe! Keep up the new you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glen, only too glad to be of service! Please pop back in again soon for some more of the goodstuff!
    ps If you're doing Dukan too, let me know about your progress every once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete