What you'll find here

This blog shares my life with you. Not the nappy changes or holidays or silly pictures of my cat part, but the diet and weightloss journey part. You will no longer find any specific diet on here, but rather the JANIE diet (as a very wise blogger suggested)
It's about what works for me and I really do hope you find lots of inspiration here and lots of super yummy food. If you still want the Dukan versions of stuff, please comment at the end of a given post and I'll be MORE than happy to give you my Dukan take on any of my recipes.

Thursday 19 January 2012

First day of Cruise - and another recipe

Hi Guys

Today is day one of the Cruise Phase! I can't believe how quickly 10 days flew by! I'm so glad we stuck it out for 10 days, my husband and I both lost over 5 kg.

So yesterday I went vegetable shopping, perhaps I went overboard a little from all the excitement! 

This morning stared off with an omelet with bacon (reduced fat), roasted mini tomatoes and large brown mushrooms, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it!
And for snack time today, I've planned vegetable crudité with aubergine dip, unbelievably yummy! You know what that means - another awesome recipe to share with you!!

The original recipe comes from my sister-in-law, but I tweaked it somewhat to "Dukanise" it. :)

Aubergine Dip

  • 2 large aubergines
  • 1/2 tub of smooth fat free cottage cheese
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
  • zest of half a lemon
  • one tablespoon of chopped coriander (cilantro)
  • one tablespoon of chopped parsley
  • 1 large or 3 small cloves of garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
Wash the aubergines and dry them with a paper towel.  Put them on a baking tray sprayed with non-stick spray and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 1 hour.  After baking, place them in a glass bowl and cover with clingfilm to sweat a little until they're cool enough to handle.  Now make a slit in each and scrape out all the contents with a spoon.  Transfer to a bowl into the refrigerator to cool.

No for the tricky part - you have to get as much water out of them as possible.  I used a piece of muslin cloth to wrap them up in.  I then progressively twisted the loose end side of the muslin "bag" until no more water came out of the aubergines.

At this point put them in the bowl of a food processor, along with all the other ingredients and blend until smooth.  There is no reason why you can't just use a hand held stick blender to mash the dip up in a bowl. :)  Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy with absolutely anything you like, I'll be dipping some crudité into mine!

For supper tonight, I haven't put much thought into the protein for tonight with all the veggie excitement!
I'm making a nice hearty bowl of roast vegetables with rosemary and a gorgeous salad of a bed of rocket topped with thinly sliced baked and cooled beets topped with fresh thyme leaves and crumbed fat free feta. :)

Oh my goodness, I'm salivating while I'm typing this, better go dip some crudité!

Cheers and God bless!
Janie B
     

No comments:

Post a Comment