What you'll find here

This blog shares my life with you. Not the nappy changes or holidays or silly pictures of my cat part, but the diet and weightloss journey part. You will no longer find any specific diet on here, but rather the JANIE diet (as a very wise blogger suggested)
It's about what works for me and I really do hope you find lots of inspiration here and lots of super yummy food. If you still want the Dukan versions of stuff, please comment at the end of a given post and I'll be MORE than happy to give you my Dukan take on any of my recipes.

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Big change: your help needed!

Hi Guys
 When I say big change, I mean huge.  After 3 weeks on Dukan I've barely lost 4 kg, it just broke me and I sat down and looked at every thing I ate, and realised that I really ate pristinely, the weight was just not moving.  I was especially bummed because before I fell pregnant I lost 12kg in the first month, and this time I did everything by the book, PLUS I'm training like an animal.

So I decided to go to the dark side.... I've started doing Atkins.  I've been at it for a week today and I've lost 3kg on it so far.  I know you guys will probably hang me out to dry for it, but right now, for me it works and who knows, perhaps I'll switch again some day.

So I want to ask you guys for your opinions: should I continue here and post my recipes (clearly I'm a much better Atkins cook than a Dukan cook), or should I start a new blog?
Please let me know what you think.

God bless
Janie B

8 comments:

  1. 7 kg's in 4 weeks are not so bad!! I think you need not be so hard on yourself. Hormones can wreak havoc on your weigth; take it easy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janie, Congratulations on the birth of your child :)
      Two thoughts I have... 1- if you are indeed 'training like an animal' and I'll bet you are I've read some of your posts about your new trainer. You may in fact be WAY under your TDEE. I know this in part because I've done the same myself. Check out these two sites that may be very helpful. Erik recommends a min. of 14 times your weight!! Most women are habitually undereating and stalls/plateaus are common.
      http://www.leanbodiesconsulting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Erik-Ledin-The-Top-10-Not-So-Obvious-Fat-Loss-Mistakes.pdf
      Also this link will help you find your TDEE/BMR which is good to know so you can gauge the calories.
      I have done both Dukan and Atkins as well as other methods through the past year plus. What I found for myself is that changing things up got things moving again, for a while. Ultimately finding an eating plan that is JANIE, not Dukan/Atkins et.al. should be the goal.
      Also, you just had a baby and it is going to take some time to get back to where you want to be...and on the other hand, you'll NEVER again be who/what you were...in a good way, you're a mama now :) Embrace the beauty of it and give your body time to change.
      As far as the blog, I'll still read no matter what you call it so I don't mind not changing. If it feels awkward then just call it Janies Blog...I always enjoy hearing what you're up to and the recipes are great :)
      Have a very good day.
      *anna
      oceannah.wordpress.com

      Delete
    2. Hi Anna, your words ring so true, I've been thinking the same thing as of late. It's not possible to make an entire lifestyle change based on a single book/approach. So actually I'm really just trying to find my feet in terms of what works for me, and right now, I just needed some cheese man :)
      I also like your advise about just changing the name of the blog, I think I'll do that, I just hope people don't get angy when they google Dukan stuff and find me!
      Perhaps I'll change my bio a bit too...
      xxx
      Janie

      Delete
    3. Gwyneth, I know, but the last 4 only happened once I started to put some oil back into my diet! Hence the change :)

      Delete
  2. Oh and as for the Mama body, I'm totally down with that! Actually my body has changed very little, somehow I managed to evade strech marks and my tummy skin has bounced back a lot, so I'm hoping it'll all be good. I'm just very determined not to be someone's fat mama, I also want to run around on our (microscopic) lawn and do cartwheels when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah for a carwheeling barefooted mama, the world has far too few imo :) xoxo
    *anna
    oceannah.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it makes you feel any better, we say we're doing Dukan, but we dabble in Atkins and Paleo. In fact... clean eating is speaking our names. We think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, it does actually make me feel better, and I've quickly scanned my blogroll, it looks like everyone else is doing it too :)
      I'll be keeping track of your progress!xx

      Delete