What you'll find here

This blog shares my life with you. Not the nappy changes or holidays or silly pictures of my cat part, but the diet and weightloss journey part. You will no longer find any specific diet on here, but rather the JANIE diet (as a very wise blogger suggested)
It's about what works for me and I really do hope you find lots of inspiration here and lots of super yummy food. If you still want the Dukan versions of stuff, please comment at the end of a given post and I'll be MORE than happy to give you my Dukan take on any of my recipes.

Friday 8 February 2013

Busted chops

Hi Guys

So I started with my personal trainer on Monday, as I told you last time - a real pit bull, doesn't let go kinda personal trainer.
On Monday I nearly died from doing 20 sit ups, today I could manage 3 sets of one minute each - yay me!!  Which also brought me to a new realisation about myself - that I have absolutely NO shame lying flat on my back in the middle of the gym, just panting and feeling sorry for myself, no shame I tell you.

Do you remember the post where I went on about shopping in your own closet and about how cool it was to start fitting into some old jeans again?  Well, at about 16 weeks into my pregnancy I started wearing maternity clothes.  My closet was so full and I needed to make space.  So what was this rocket scientist's strategy?  I chucked out ALL my fat clothes.
Yup, you heard right.  Somehow I reasoned that it will keep me motivated to not gain so much weight (let me just tell you that at this point I had already gained about 15 kg) so heaven only knows what I was thinking... obviously epic fail.

Needless to say I'm still wearing my maternity clothes 10 weeks after the birth of my son - how tragic is that. Or is it?  I've decided that no way in HELL I'm buying new fat clothes, in another 10kg I'll fit into the biggest pair of jeans that is in my closet, and what's 10 kg? NOTHING I tell you! That's like one month of work right? RIGHT??

SO here to keep me and all of you motivated is a delicious and totally Dukan friendly recipe that will blow your socks off!  I've made a couple of yum things during the last week, and I reserve those recipes for future posts.

I hope you'll forgive me for another quiche recipe, but this is just so good.

Butternut, onion and smoked chicken quiche

  • About 2 cups of diced butternut squash (small dice, about half a centimetre)
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • about 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
  • 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
  • salt and pepper to season butternut squash and onion
  • 4 smoked chicken breast fillets - diced up to small pieces
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup of fat free milk
  • 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
  • some fat free feta
Set oven to 180 degrees Celsius.  Spray a fairly large ovenproof dish with non-stick spray.  Toss the butternut, onions, thyme, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper together and place it on a large baking sheet that you've sprayed with non-stick spray.  Roast for about 1 hour, stirring twice, until nice and caramelised.
Whisk the eggs, flour and cornstarch together.  Mix the veggies and chicken into the egg mixture and place some feta squares on top.
Pour into your ovenproof dish and bake for 40 minutes.  I most enjoy this dish at room temperature.

Happy cooking and God bless!

Janie B

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janie!

    This recipe looks absolutely delish! I am a fellow Dukan-er! Today is day 7 of the Attack phase - I decided to do it for the full 10 days. I love your blog! One thing though: I wish you'd post pictures of your recipes!! Can't wait to try this recipe once I'm in Cruise phase! You can check out my (rather amataur) blog about my own Dukan experience here: http://theexperimentaldieter.blogspot.co.uk/

    I would love some support from a fellow Dukan follower!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete